If you have never worn a lace wig before and you don’t take the time to learn about how to properly wear your wig, you will make numerous mistakes. By taking the time to learn about the most common mistakes that women make when first wearing the wig, you will ensure that you have a positive experience the first time you wear your lace wig. Not to mention that taking the time to learn about the different mistakes will extend the life of your wig because you will learn the proper care techniques required to maintain your wig.
Lace Front Wigs are not just for people who have no hair. Many people who still have their own hair wear them to help enhance their own looks. Celebrities like Beyonce, as well as everyday people, wear lace front wigs in addition to their normal hair to create some sensational hairstyles. While majority of mistakes are made by woman who have never worn a lace wig before, they are not the only ones to make some of the embarrassing mistakes that you will read about here. Many celebrities have been caught by the spotlight making some of these mistakes that you want to learn how to avoid.
Most of the women that have never purchased and worn a Lace Front will make mistakes on how to wear properly, if the steps on how to apply and wear are not followed properly.
- In order to wear a Lace Front Wig or any other kind of wig, you will first need to wrap up your own hair completely close to the scalp, otherwise the wig will be noticeable.
- Lace Front needs to be cut, but not to close to the hairline because the hair will start to come off: Lace Front needs to be cut 1 ½- 2’’ inches from the hairline.
- After the Lace Front has been cut off incorrectly the hair will dry and turn brittle. The hair will start to stand out because it will no longer look like your own natural hair. It is recommended that you treat your wigs just like you treat your own hair, so keep them in excellent conditions; you need to condition the hair on your regular basis.
- When the hairline is cut incorrectly, it does not look like a natural hairline. Try to avoid the bad look on your wig. If you do not know how to cut the Lace Front or how to put it on go to a Professional hairstylist that knows.
- Many Fist time users apply the wrong glue to their Lace Front. Please be advised that the right glue needs to be applied, and make sure that is dried completely it can take up to 15 minutes for the procedure to be completed.
- Wrong colors are chosen when you decide to get a different tone of color. Our advice is to choose a color that best matches your skin; otherwise the people will be able to notice that you are wearing a wig.
- Density of the wigs can sometimes be an issue too. Choosing the correct percentage of density of your wig will avoid you from further problems. Getting a wig that has too much density will make you feel really bad from your head. It will be obvious that you are wearing a Lace Front. At the time of purchase, please make sure that you have in mind how much density is that you want your wig to have.
- Customers that have never worn a wig do not know that if the nylon mesh underneath is not the same color as the cap construction from the wig. It will be noticeable other people around will know is not your own hair. Recommendations for first time users, please wear a Nylon Mesh that is the same color of your cap from the wig.
- Styling wigs seems to be a problem these days. Lace Front wig is not always stylable and heat resistant. Some synthetic wigs are not heat friendly and are not able to style. When a wig is heat resistant you are able to style the hair just the way you want it. Try to avoid damaging your hairpiece and take it to a professional.
- Customers do not store their wigs correctly. Wigs are to be washed 6-8 wears and store in head stands. Sometimes Wigs can look easy to be applied. But reality is that once you have the actual piece ready to be worn it starts to give you a lot of trouble. As a company with many years of experience our suggestion to you is not wash the wig daily. If you need help applying the wig you go to someone that knows how to do it, Otherwise they will ruin your wig.